Sunday, March 18, 2012

March 17, 2012, Rona Eisner


RONA EISNER
 
On Saturday, March 17, 2012, over 25 members and guests attended Rona's presentation, marveling at the diversity of her artwork. This prize-winning artist involved Senior Artists Alliance members in a discussion of her artistic creations. It was an interesting and enlightening afternoon!

 
Photographer, painter, creative silversmith, digital artist. Rona Eisner is an artist who fits into many categories, but cannot be categorized. Her paintings and photography have been in juried shows in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area and her work is in many private and corporate collections.

View her work on the art file of the Washington Project for the Arts: http://artfile.wpadc.org .








Her bio...
Rona Eisner
Painter, Photographer and Creative Silversmith
7612 Rossdhu Ct., Chevy Chase, MD 20815
phone: (301) 652-3821 fax: (301) 652-3822
Artist’s Short Bio March 2012
Following a traditional liberal arts education (Smith College 1960), I earned a doctorate in psychology in 1967. My education did not include any art training. For 35 years, as a clinical psychologist, I did long-term intensive psychotherapy. I retired from that career in 2001 in order to move into a new phase of life and pursue my passion for making art of many forms, taking classes in various media, e.g. painting, photography, collage, and silverworking. I now devote full time to artistic endeavors.
          In the last two years, I have been spending much of my creative energy in the Silverworks Studio at Glen Echo, studying with Blair Anderson and working in the open studio. I find that working in metal, whether silver or copper, allows me freedom of expression, calls on problem solving skills, and is just plain fun! My piece “A River Runs Through It” won a Purple Hammer Award for excellence in design at the July, 2011 show “The Fifth Element” at the Popcorn Gallery at Glen Echo. I was one of 5 silver artists chosen to be included in the Faculty Art Show at the Popcorn Gallery for March, 2012. I have continued to take workshops in both painting and photography and to produce work in these media as well.
My work in both photography and painting has been in many juried shows in the Washington, DC, metropolitan area.  In the last three years, my photography has been commissioned by Soho Myriad for display in hotels in Atlanta, Georgia; I had a soloInvitational Show at the Levine School of Music, January 2009 – June 2009;
Equinox Restaurant, Washington, DC, has several photographs on display, Dec. 2008-; my series of digital collages “Riffs on the Theme of Creation” was in the Smith College Class of 1960 Alumnae House Gallery Show, May 2010 (2 of the images were purchased for the presidential mansion) and at Glenview Gallery, June 2010; and I was Artist of the Month, Georgetown University Hospital Art Gallery, May 2010. Sandy Spring Museum in Sandy Spring, Maryland selected myself, Sheila Meyer and Christy Stebbins to show our photographs at the museum for April and May 2011 in a show called “Fragile Moments, Fragile Times”. My photographs and paintings are in a number of private and corporate collections.
 Several of my photographs have won prizes: Brookside Gardens (Wheaton, MD) Annual Art & Photography Show FIRST PRIZE in PHOTOGRAPHY for photograph  “Pink  Dogwood” (Oct, 2000); Capitol Arts Network, National Juried Show “I’m Ready For My Close-up”, Bethesda,  MD, FIRST PLACE PRIZE for Photograph “Magic Puff#4” (July, 2005); North American Nature Photography Association, Expressions 2008, “Magic Puff #4  Included as one of the top 100 images juried from the Showcase Competition; Expressions Competition 2009, 2 of my images were in the top 20 per cent and one was published in the NANPA Currents Magazine in 2011.
My work can be seen on the art file of the Washington Project for the Arts: http://artfile.wpadc.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment